WILL NOT BY ANOTHER PRODUCT.I initially LOVED the unit I bought.

I contacted Sunjoy via their toll-free number to see if they would be able to help me with a problem that exists with their design on the Octagonal model Hardtop (metal roof) Gazebo. I spent a large amount of money for this unit and had customized cement poured to match the shape of the unit. After a couple years, I observed brown streaks on the leg/uprights of the unit. After careful inspection, I could see that it was rusty water that was leaking from the "knuckles" of the two-piece legs.

So I look at the top side of the unit to realize that the roof section does not overhang the unit. The roof covering stops approximately 2 inches short of the edges. Where the eight joints that meet to create the Octogon, there is a metal cap that overlaps the legs and roof supports. Creating an area that allows the rain water to collect and run into the eight legs.

THIS IS A BAD DESIGN that appears to remain in use on current models. Now I am afraid the this 450+ pound Gazebo is possibly going to collapse. The real kicker is that I was informed that there is nothing they could do to help. There is a video on Youtube that shows a suggested "repair" for the issue but it would cost nearly the amount that I originally paid for the unit and does not fit the potential rusty interior of the hallow legs.

See video www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBXUmX9ileo (copy and paste).

I am at a real loss with this unit.I am now looking the tear it down and scrap it for the safety of my family and those who visit and may sit in the area of it.

Review about: Sunjoy Industries Gazebo.

Reason of review: Bad design that c.

Had an Experience with Sunjoy Industries?

Comments